- where = heat capacity as
- Btu is british Thermal Unit; lb = Pound; F = Fahrenheit change
- D = internal diameter of pipe as inches
- G = mass velocity as
- h = heat transfer coefficient as
It is desired to transform the equation to a new form where
- is in kcal per kg per degree celsius change
- D is in cm
- G in kg per m^2 per second
- heat transfer coefficient h in kcal per hour per m^2 per degree Celsius change
Problem taken from Chemical Process Principles by Hougen, Watson and Ragatz, 1976.
Solution to the problem here.